Jobs at Portland State University, Oregon, United States
Position: Assistant or Associate Professor of Education
The Assistant Professor will do the following duties
- Teach courses in the department’s teacher education, C&I advanced degree, and doctoral programs as well as advance a scholarly agenda.
- Serve as an academic adviser to C&I students in the Master’s degree programs, initial teacher preparation programs, and doctoral program.
- Act as a program coordinator for a C&I program.
- Similarly, serve on University, College of Education, and Department committees as assigned.
- Participate in community outreach and partnerships.
- Actively collaborate with core faculty on departmental administrative activities.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- A doctoral qualification in Education or a related field from an accredited program by the time of start date.
- Evidence of successful experience teaching in an elementary, middle, or high school as well as evidence of scholarly accomplishment and ability to articulate a scholarly agenda.
- Demonstrated experience of program or project coordination in schools or university settings.
- Experience working in diverse settings committed to equity.
- Record of ability to foster community relationships and engage in learning collaboratively with students, community partners, staff, and colleagues.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Portland State University is a public research university in Portland, Oregon. It is the only public urban university in the state of Oregon that is located in a major metropolitan city and is governed by a board of trustees. It consists of seven constituent colleges, offering undergraduate degrees in one hundred twenty-three fields, and postgraduate degrees in one hundred seventeen fields.