Jobs at Qatar University, Doha
Position: Professor of Medical Biochemistry at the Qatar University College of Medicine
The Professor of Medical Biochemistry will be liable for the following duties
- Passion for building an innovative College of Medicine for the state of Qatar.
- Strong commitment to teaching, with proficiency in teaching medical biochemistry.
- Contributes to the enhancement and development of other medical courses. Also, promotes collaborative and interdisciplinary research in areas of priority for the medical college. Similarly, promoting and communicating the work of College to the public through a variety of community outreach activities, including workshops, lectures, publications, etc.
- Fostering a supportive environment for students. Similarly, fostering academic and interdisciplinary research links with the relevant departments and centers at the University.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of the College’s strategic plan in alignment with the strategic plan of the University.
- Furthermore, s/he will perform other duties as assigned.
In order to qualify for the position, candidates must have the following qualifications
- Ph.D. with evidence of scholarship in medical biochemistry or closely related disciplines. However, an additional MD degree preferred but not a compulsory requirement. In addition to that, strong background and demonstrated excellence in the teaching of medical biochemistry in a medical context, preferably in the problem-based learning environment and in a case-based integrated curriculum; includes teaching at a university entry level for incoming students.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and continually improve a curriculum in the relevant area.
- Clear evidence of outstanding scholarship in (medical) education. Also, a strong record of relevant research experience backed with a strong track record of research productivity, including publications.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Expected to demonstrate excellence in interpersonal behaviors and be committed to effective collaboration with colleagues.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is preferred.
Qatar University is one of the most prestigious universities in the Middle East region which is the government university in Qatar. The university hosts ten colleges – Arts and Sciences, Business and Economics, Education, Engineering, Law, Sharia and Islamic Studies, Pharmacy, College of Health Science, College of Medicine, and the latest College of Dental Medicine – with a total of almost 8000 students at a 13:1 student-teacher ratio.