Jobs at Robert Morris University, Pennsylvania, United States
Position: Assistant Professor of Management
Robert Morris University is a private university in Moon Township in the State of Pennsylvania of the United States. In overall, the university has a total enrollment of over 500o students in which most of the students come from the Pittsburg area. Altogether, the university offers 60 bachelor’s degree programs and 35 master’s and doctoral programs.
The School of Business at the university invites the applicant to occupy the position of Assistant Professor of Management. The School of Business offers numerous degree programs in accounting, finance, management, marketing, sport management, hospitality and tourism management, and taxation.
In particular, the successful appointee will cry the following functions
- Prepares and delivers lectures on General Management, Principles of Management, Data Analytics, and Operations Management topics in the School’s graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Conducts scholarly research in his/her/their disciplines.
- Provides services to the university community.
- Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts for each course;
- Evaluates and grades students’ class work, assignments and papers.
- Compiles, administers and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Keeps abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and also participating in professional conferences.
- Initiates facilitate and moderates classroom discussions.
- Maintains regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students.
- Selects and obtains materials and supplies such as textbooks.
- Plans and evaluates and revises curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Perform academic research as well as serve on academic committees at either the department, school, university or externally.
In order to be fit for the position, the candidates must have the following qualifications
- Doctoral degree in Management or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution. Candidates who are ADB may also be considered. However, candidates who can also teach courses in Data Analytics, Operations Management, and Principles of Management is highly desirable.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellence in teaching as well as productivity in research in their discipline.
- Furthermore, the successful candidate must be qualified as a Scholarly Academic as defined by Robert Morris School of Business.
For questions about the position, please contact Dr. Daria Crawley, Department Head of Management at [email protected]