Jobs at Technical University of Denmark
Position: Professor in Aeroelasticity and Dynamics of Wind Turbines
DTU Wind Energy invites applications for a position as Professor (with special responsibilities) in aeroelasticity and dynamics of wind turbines. S/he will work with the team of Wind Turbine Loads and Control (LAC) at the DTU Risø Campus in Roskilde. Basically, the position holder will be responsible for the research and teaching in structural dynamics and computational mechanics with a particular focus on wind turbine technology.
The position holder needs to teach courses in BSc, MSc, and PhD levels. For international candidates, DTU can provide Danish language courses enabling the candidates to teach in Danish within 2-3 years.
In particular, the Professor in Aeroelasticity and Dynamics of Wind Turbines will be liable for the following duties
- Theoretical foundations in computational mechanics and structural dynamics.
- Linear and nonlinear dynamics applied to wind turbine concepts for land-based and offshore machines.
- Method development and modelling for aero-servo-hydro-elastic behaviour, aeroelastic stability, and structural reliability of wind turbines.
The position holder might also need to perform the following track of duties
- Attract national and international funding for research in aeroelasticity and dynamics. Also, publish and coordinate dissemination of research at a high international level.
- Strengthen the collaboration within the department and with other departments at DTU.
- Further, develop the collaboration with national and international research institutes and industries.
- Supervise MSc and PhD students as well as postdocs.
- Develop and coordinate advanced university courses and continuing education programmes.
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications
- Masters or doctoral qualification in a similar field. In addition to that, well-documented international recognition within their research field, including a high level of original scientific production at the international level, with the potential to contribute to further development of the scientific field.
- Ability to combine a high research level and publication activity with the promotion of external cooperation and exploitation of the research results.
- Similarly, the ability and experience to initiate, manage, and perform theoretical, computational, and experimental research structural dynamics, and computational mechanics with application to wind turbine dynamics and aero-servo-hydro-elasticity including developing and maintaining international research and innovation network.
- In addition to that, solid track record of acquiring national and international external funding and management of national and international research projects.
- Furthermore, supervision and teaching skills at all university levels and for continued education.
The Technical University of Demark DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. It offers a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. DTU strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility