Jobs at University of California Davis, United States
Position: Research and Analytical Strategist
Roles and responsibilities
The Research and Analytical Strategist work broadly across the team to provide highly customized and strategic information in support of comprehensive corporate and foundation engagement efforts. Moreover, research and Analytical Strategist is responsible for generating briefings, reports, presentations, and company and foundation profiles from complex information and through primary research. In addition to that, the position holder will do the following duties
- Provide assistance on proposal submissions, including content development and editing where appropriate.
- Develop effective research strategies to utilize an expansive set of resources and to refine further research strategies and intelligence-gathering techniques.
- Interpret and synthesize large volumes of information and complex financial, legal and technical language into easily comprehensible information.
- Similarly, evaluate research tools and emerging technologies and keep abreast of trends in the field of corporate and foundation relations.
- Update, support and maintain detailed databases of knowledge related to the foundation, corporate and campus partners.
- Furthermore, provide the Foundation and Corporate Engagement team and leadership with strategic information and tools to successfully build relationships with external partners.
- Advanced analytical skills to synthesize a high volume of information from a variety of sources. Ability to perform complex analysis to interpret data on corporations and foundations.
- Prospect research experience. In addition, thorough knowledge and understanding of prospect research techniques, tools, and data analysis.
- Similarly, experience using information databases and search techniques related to prospect research.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing proposals, briefings and/or presentations. Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation.
- Organizational and time management skills to coordinate many details of multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner.
- Decision-making experience to prioritize tasks, manage time, anticipate problems, manage multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience conceptualizing, developing, and implementing proactive prospecting methodologies to identify potential corporate and foundation partners.