Jobs at University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Position: Associate Professor in Human Resources Management at the School of Management
- Conduct high-quality research, independently and/or as a member of a team, and author publications in highly regarded academic refereed journals, as well as engaging in research translation and communication to professional audiences.
- Undertake the supervision of research students. Similarly, enhance the research profile of the School through collaborative research with other universities, organizations, and involvement in relevant professional activities.
- Source and develop research proposals and funding submissions to industry and external funding bodies, and support Research Fellows, post-doctoral and research students through externally funded projects.
- Initiate, adapt and develop new courses as appropriate and lead the teaching team in the development of program change and innovation.
- Work collaboratively with staff in other Schools and other partners where appropriate to ensure that relevant courses have content and quality which represents contemporary practice and theory.
- Ensure high-quality service is provided to students.
- Actively contribute to the School, Division and University activities, particularly in relation to leadership, planning, and administration.
- Create, foster and enhance national and international links with the economics industry and profession, as well as business, university and community bodies that assist in the advancement of University, Business School and School objectives.
- Participate, on behalf of the School, in consultancies, short courses and related professional activities where appropriate.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver courses for delivery on campus, offshore, and online or other modes that arise.
- Maintain the quality of these courses through course review and development (i.e. course
materials and teaching methods) to meet industry/organizational needs, educational
requirements and quality standards.
- Apply research and scholarship to the development of economic courses including investigating as well as developing alternative teaching methods and the initiation and development of new material.
- Coordinate the timely delivery of courses including the preparation and delivery of lectures, seminars, workshops, and tutorials, with an appropriate and professional assessment and marking.
- Engage external speakers to enrich the course experience for students. Also, work with School administrative staff in the smooth administrative operation of courses.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Doctorate qualification in Human Resources Management or in relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing research as evidenced by a distinguished publication and funding record. Similarly, a strong track record for undertaking research and scholarship activities, including developing and publishing high quality, high impact journal papers; writing research grants and generating research income.
- Demonstrated expertise in providing academic leadership in the development, management and delivery of courses and programs including the capacity for and commitment to high quality, flexible teaching and learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching and learning including the use of teaching technology. Evidence of teaching capacity and expertise in Executive and/or MBA contexts.
- Experience working collaboratively with business and public sector organizations. Also, evidence of developing collaborative research projects with business, community and industry partners.
- Ability as well as commitment to supervise research students.
- Similarly, commitment and ability to professional and personal development, including the development and mentoring of colleagues.
- Cultural sensitivity and an international perspective, and possession of the attributes of an enterprising employee at UniSA.
The University of South Australia is a public research university in South Australia. Overall, it is the largest university in South Australia with almost 32,000 students. With its establishment, the university has had the motto of ‘Educating professionals. Creating and applying knowledge. Engaging our communities.’. The university lies among the world’s top universities. Above all, it is in the 264th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019. Furthermore, the university has affiliations with the Australian Technology Network (ATN), Open Universities Australia, Australian Vice-Chancellors’ Committee (AVCC), Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), and Engineers Australia.