Academic Jobs at the University of Sydney, Australia
Position: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Business Analytics
The incumbent will join the Department of Business to perform the following duties in the Discipline of Business Analytics
- Teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level to culturally-diverse student cohorts, and develop curriculum.
- Make a contribution to the research strengths of the School, including the pursuit of research grants, regular publication in journals of high standing, and presentation and dissemination of research at academic conferences.
- Supervise research higher degree students.
- Be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders.
- Furthermore, contribute to academic administration.
In order to be eligible for the role, the incumbent must have the following qualifications
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Operations Management, Operations Research, Management Science or a related discipline. (At Lecturer level a Ph.D. nearing completion is also acceptable.)
- In addition to that, evidence of high-quality teaching in Business Analytics, Statistics, or Machine Learning at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Moreover, candidates who have expertise in management science and machine learning, or statistics and machine learning preferred.
- Contribution to (Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor level) or capacity to contribute (Lecturer level) to the course and program development
- An active (at Lecturer level) research program with significant potential for future publication or a well-established program at Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor levels.
- Evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach.
It is an Australian public research university. “Though the constellations are changed, the mind is the same”; this is the motto of the university. Established in 1850, the university is Australia’s first university as well as one of the world’s leading universities. Above all, it is ranked in 42nd position in the QS World University Rankings 2019 and in 3rd position in Australia. The university comprises 9 faculties and university schools, through which it offers bachelor, master as well as doctoral degrees. Furthermore, the university has affiliations with Five Nobel and two Crafoord laureates.