Jobs at University of Twente, Netherlands
Position: Assistant Professor in Accounting
The University of Twente is a public research university in Enschede, the Netherlands. The UT collaborates with the Delft University of Technology, the Eindhoven University of Technology and the Wageningen University and Research Centre under the umbrella of 4TU and is also a partner in the European Consortium of Innovative Universities (ECIU). The University of Twente is a multicultural community of talented, ambitious people that offers students, scientists and educators from around the world the best possible conditions. It also offers numerous scholarship to many international students, Holland Scholarship is one of it.
Description of duties
- Carry out ambitious research within the focus areas of Accounting and Finance, with a genuine interest in operating at crossroads of different disciplines.
- Teach/Co-teach as well as coordinate courses in the BSc and MSc programs in (International) Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Management and Health Sciences.
- Supervise bachelor and master students in writing their graduation thesis as well as contribute towards the supervision of Ph.D. students.
- Also, take up the challenge to acquire external research funding and be a standout colleague.
- Furthermore, perform other departmental as well as administrative tasks as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Accounting (or near completion) from a university ranked in the top 250 of the world’s universities, according to The Times Higher Education or The QS World University rankings.
- Outstanding knowledge and a track record of teaching (both lecturing and tutoring) courses in financial accounting, management accounting, and business valuation, at an internationally accredited university.
- Proven experience in research, by means of presentations in international scientific conferences and publications in highly ranked academic journals.
- Very good communication skills, and an excellent command of English, at least at the C2 level.
- Willing to obtain, the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) certificate. Must have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative teacher.