Jobs in Binghamton University, New York
Position: Research Development Specialist
About Binghamton University
The State University of New York at Binghamton (commonly as Binghamton University) is a public research university in Binghamton. It has campuses in Binghamton, Vestal, and Johnson City, New York, United States. It is one of the four university centers in the State University of New York (SUNY) system.
The Office of Strategic Research Initiatives (OSRI) is seeking a highly prominent Research Development Specialist to strengthen the research programs of the university.
In particular, the successful appointee will do the following things at the university
- Support the AVP and senior administration in the identification of large funding opportunities for campus research centers and institutes, based on established campus research strategies.
- Identify solicitations well in advance and facilitate recruitment and organization of faculty groups to capitalize on funding opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Binghamton’s capabilities and strengths. Also, connect researcher teams with funding opportunities and research resources.
- Work closely with faculty, staff and external partners in developing, editing and reviewing mid and large-scale proposals to identified external sponsors. Help in drafting non-technical sections
- Serve as an OSRI Representative on one or more of the Transdisciplinary Areas of Excellence. Similarly, support the TAE’s growth of research and scholarly activities in their areas of purview.
- Actively monitor the federal funding landscape to identify new areas of opportunity.
- In collaboration with colleagues across the Division of Research, organize funding agency workshops, meetings, delegations on campus or at funding agency sites in order to better connect faculty to potential funders
- Work with faculty teams on development of proposals to external sponsors for establishment and outfitting of University core facilities.
- Assist with managing limited submissions opportunities and internal seed grant programs. Similarly, assist with the analysis of research metrics resources.
- Also, attend partnership meetings on and off campus, and work collaboratively with proposal writers from other campuses.
- Furthermore, complete other duties assigned by the respective authority.
- Master’s degree, Ph.D. preferred. In addition to that, at least of 3-5 years experience in a research development activity
- Demonstration of technical writing and editing required. Similarly, excellent writing, analytical and research skills. Also, fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct way. At the same time, strong ability to work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals.
- Be comfortable with regular interaction with senior administration, faculty, staff, students and the community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as to exercise independent judgment in responding to inquiries, display tact, and sensitivity and be solution-driven.