Junior Database Administrator position available at University of Denver.
About the Position
The Junior Database Administrator (DBA) typically performs the duties of a Production DBA, a Weblogic Administrator, and an Application DBA. This position is responsible for database and application server installations and upgrades. This position installs and maintains the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Data Warehouse, and other administrative applications. The Junior DBA will perform database and application server monitoring, and database backup and recovery. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Software Development and Database Administration and participates in team projects related to database administration.
- Create and maintain Oracle and SQL Server databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Install, configure, and administer Oracle Weblogic Server and other application servers.
- Perform ERP, Data Warehouse, and other Administrative software installs, upgrades, and patches Execute backup and recovery strategies for databases and applications Monitor databases and applications for availability.
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations on an on-call basis.
- Follow enterprise standards to apply requested and approved modifications to database structures, data, and applications.
- Manage complete project lifecycle.
- Effectively communicate project status with direct supervisor and project owner.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in database administration (preferably Oracle and/or SQL Server) or coursework specific to database administration.
- Understanding of relational database theory, design, and architecture.
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Oracle and/or SQL Server preferred.
- Basic understanding of routine maintenance, backup and recovery of a database.
- General understanding of distributed computing architectures, e.g. Client/Server, Internet/Intranet, Enterprise.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, policies, and technical procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize general mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts and analyze relevant data.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization and documentation exists.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
- Ability to prioritize and organize high volume of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or other related field.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Sunday, November 25, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.