Jobs at Salve Regina University, Rhode Island, the United States of America
Position: Laboratory Coordinator
Salve Regina University, a private university of Rhode Island is seeking a qualified Laboratory Coordinator to carry out the following functions at the laboratory.
- Overseeing the ordering, reception, and stocking of materials and supplies for the department.
- Maintaining digital inventory of all materials and equipment and reporting to faculty on inventory stocks
- Reconciling procurement card charges. Similarly, keeping accurate digital budget records of all department purchases and generating monthly statements for review.
- Managing the hiring, training and time card submissions for work-study students. Also, managing equipment usage, maintenance, certification and repair
- Similarly, maintaining all regulatory and compliance documentation, including up-to-date OSHA, EPA and IACUC certification.
- Coordinating laboratory safety training and biosafety training for students, faculty, and staff and maintaining training records
- Caring for live organisms needed for classroom teaching, which requires specific knowledge of plants, vertebrates, invertebrates, bacterial and viral cultures
- Maintaining cleanliness of teaching laboratories and also processing teaching laboratory samples.
- Working with faculty on the planning and implementation of laboratory protocols.
- Participating in routine staff meetings and occasional departmental meetings and liaising with other departments as appropriate.
- Report to Chair of the Biology and Biomedical Sciences Department as well as supervise work-study students.
- In addition to that, perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology or a related field is required, as well as experience working in a laboratory environment with hazardous materials (chemical and biological).
- In addition to that, the candidate should have strong leadership skills and be able to foster a safe and efficient laboratory work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills.
- Experience with budgets and financial systems is required, as is proficiency in MS Office.
- Recent working knowledge and experience with OSHA certification requirements for materials handling and regulations preferred.