Lead Teacher position is available at the Law Center of Georgetown University.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children and role modeling appropriate techniques. Also, the Lead Teacher will assist in conducting parenting classes and family activities. The Lead Teacher assists in making the program visible to the GU community by encouraging and facilitating participation in the greater GULC community.
- Creating and maintaining a safe and nurturing environment for children
- Also, conducting programs and activities that implement the Center’s curriculum for each age group
- Developing and maintaining mutually supportive relationships with individual parents
- Complying with statutory, regulatory, licensing and accreditation requirements
Qualifications and Requirements
- Associates’ degree in Early Childhood Education, Early Child Development, Child and Family Studies, or closely related field, with at least 15 credit hours of Early Childhood Education course work
- One-year experience in a high quality childcare center besides certification in Infant and Child CPR and First AID
- Attendance at professional development workshops and conferences or other continuing education classes relating to the field of Early Childhood Education
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Must be able to:
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Use a wide range of motion for instance sitting down and standing up with children, getting up off and onto the floor, moving quickly
- Work at least 2 hours daily outside in temperatures of between 32 and 90 degrees with conditions such as sunny, cloudy, overcast or damp with dry, wet, or snowy ground