Lecturer, Clinical and Clinical Skills / Simulation Laboratories, position available in The College of Nursing of University of Rhode Island. The College of Nursing is searching for a lecturer for the skills and simulation laboratories at the Kingston campus to begin Spring 2019.
- Teach simulation, clinical skills, and/or agency clinical sections.
- Teach/coordinate undergraduate clinical skills and simulation laboratories, equivalent to 12 credits each semester.
- Prepare student assessment and course review materials necessary for review by the College of Nursing’s Committees.
- Maintain the clinical skills and simulation labs in a safe and organized manner.
- Manage the inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment in the above areas.
- Prepare the labs to meet education requirements of students assigned.
- Manage lab schedules including coordination of the simulation rotation schedule in conjunction with the clinical coordinator.
- Recruit and manage skills support personnel.
- Work collaboratively with other faculty to coordinate student needs and development of high quality simulation / lab experiences.
- Operate, and oversee repair, preventative maintenance, calibration, and programming of lab & simulation equipment.
- Prepare summative reports at the close of each semester.
- Master’s of Science in Nursing.
- Current RN licensure in Rhode Island or eligibility.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in simulation and/or clinical education.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Professional Suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data management across several applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations.
- Certification in related specialty area, if applicable.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in simulation and/or clinical education within the past 5 years.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by November 26, 2018. Second consideration may be given to applications received by December 10, 2018. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (December 10, 2018) may not be given full consideration.