Stellenbosch University, the second highest ranked African University in a pursue of highly talented, motivated, and caliber Lecturer – Department of Information Science to join the amazing and dynamic university team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Curriculum development, preparing new teaching material,
- Presenting existing or new teaching material, evaluating class participants, and managing any tutors.
- Establishing a research agenda, choosing appropriate methods, collaborating with other researchers
- obtaining any needed funding, executing the research, and successful publication of results
- Giving guidance in all phases of student research projects, from conception to the possible thesis defense
- Community interaction includes any efforts required to disseminate research and other knowledge into the broader South African community – for example via schools, government, companies, etc.
- Performing administrative and management duties as required by the Department.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A relevant doctoral degree (Ph.D., NQF level 10) or such a degree close to completion, with a completed relevant Master’s degree (NQF level 9);
- Proven research experience in Knowledge management and the knowledge economy; Social informatics; Computational thinking, including data-science; Computational social sciences.
- Experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses relevant to the Department;
- Experience in postgraduate supervision of Master’s students or higher;
- Industry experience;
- Relevant accredited research publications.
For any inquiries related to the position, contact Prof Bruce Watson on 021 808 2027, or at [email protected]