Academic Jobs in Vietnam, Vietnam campus of RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) is looking for highly qualified and experienced Lecturer of Digital Media to teach and assists techniques of Digital Media to higher level students.
About RMIT Vietnam
RMIT University Vietnam (informally RMIT Vietnam or RMIT) is the Vietnamese branch of the Australian research university the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, known in Australia as RMIT University. It has two campuses located in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. RMIT was the first completely foreign-owned university granted permission to operate in Vietnam. Since its establishment in 2000, it has won 13 Golden Dragon Awards from the Vietnamese Government for excellence in education. There are over 6000 students currently enrolled in different academic courses in RMIT Vietnam.
The position holder will be responsible for teaching and conducting researches and workshop in relation to the Department of Digital Media. The appointee will be teaching across two programs in the School of Communication & Design: Digital Media and Design Studies. Here are some of the key responsibilities that the Lecturer of Digital Media should perform
- Teaching, lecturing and guiding students at the undergraduate and graduate diploma level.
- Engage in scholarly and professional activities appropriate to the profession or discipline.
- Publishing and presenting outputs of scholarship at conferences and research forums; contributing to external research funding submissions.
- Participate in University governance activities as requested and undertake administration related to the
- Designing, conducting and evaluating assessments.
- Gather and use student feedback to inform the improvement of teaching effectiveness.
- Reporting to program manager.
Required skills and qualifications
- A Master’s degree in the relevant discipline; have commenced or enrolled to commence in Doctoral course is
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including
online delivery, and the ability to produce high-quality curriculum or program materials.
- Proven experience as a digital media artist, and to possess, or be capable of developing the following
– Compositing, using After Effects or Nuke
– Motion graphics, using After Effects
– 2D and 3D animation
– Colour grading
– Coding in C# for Unity
– VR/AR using Unity
– 3D modeling, using 3ds Max
– 3D sculpting, using Mudbox or Zbrush
– Photogrammetry, using Meshroom, Substance Designer or similar software
– Texturing, using Substance Painter or similar software
– Ability to lecture on the topic of digital design history (desired, not required)
Proficiency in any other design or software skill (visual effects, product design, etc)
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues
related to effective learning.
- Evidence of scholarly output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the
- Ability to engage in projects effectively with colleagues, industry and/or government.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team environment, including
the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues, project team leaders, and industry
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate within own discipline and cross-disciplinary/multidisciplinary teams to achieve department and University strategic outcomes
- Ability to work effectively with peers, utilizing strong communication skills to address complex problems and
- Ability to motivate, develop and inspire others through discipline knowledge to raise own profile in the
- Ability to display appropriate behaviors in line with the position as per the RMIT Behavioural Capability