Jobs at Coventry University, United Kingdom
Position: Lecturer in Leadership Management
About Coventry University
Coventry University is a public university in Coventry, England. It was running by the name of Coventry Polytechnic until 1992. This multi-campus university is providing a course program and the degree to more than 30,000 students. The course academic department has 4 divisions and they offer around 300 academic programs. In addition to that, it is one of the largest and highest-ranked university in the United Kingdom. In the same way, Coventry University is the ninth biggest university in the United Kingdom in terms of total enrollment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the development, preparation and delivery of teaching, learning and assessment both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels including module leadership where appropriate. To contribute to the development, organization, and management of the curriculum to include international and intercultural experiences.
- Demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning, and assessment through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
- Ensure that teaching is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse, and rational thinking.
- Contribute to the wider student experience e.g. through personal tutoring, participation in recruitment, involvement in employability initiatives.
- Reflect critically on personal teaching practice, implement improvements and engage actively with the quality monitoring and enhancement processes.
- Assist with the development of external partnerships in the UK and/or overseas. Similarly, assist in the development of relationships with professional organizations and agencies where appropriate.
- Work effectively as a team member, contributing to committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
- Undertake professional development in support of both teaching and research.
- Ph.D. in Business in the relevant subject. In addition to that, teaching experience at higher education level with evidence of successful student learning outcomes.
- Experience of working on research/scholarly projects or contracts, supported by evidence of contribution to the appropriate output.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.