Lecturer jobs at the University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kindom
Position: Lecturer of Computer Science on School of Computing under the Faculty of Engineering
The University of Leeds is a public research university in Leeds, England. Having the motto of ‘And knowledge will be increased’, the university establishment dates to 1874 as the Yorkshire College of Science. It lies in the top 20 in the world for graduate employability. Moreover, the university has affiliations with 6 Nobel Laureates. Furthermore, Leeds was in 19th position amongst multi-faculty institutions in the UK for the quality (GPA) of its research. Above all, the university is in 93rd position in the QS World University Rankings 2019. Also, it is the fifth largest university in the UK in terms of student numbers.
- Being actively involved in research, innovation, and impact at a national and international level as well as contributing to local School/Faculty activity.
- Maintaining a record of high-quality publications of national and international standing.
- Attracting research funding individually and collaboratively to underpin high-quality research activity and research programs/projects.
- Likewise, promoting the integration of your own research area with other research interests within and, as appropriate, outside the School and Faculty.
- Providing research supervision and helping to attract students to the University.
- Undertaking research-led teaching at different levels, at the Leeds campus and via visits to the Joint School in Chengdu. Also, undertaking assessment and examinations and contributing towards module design, review and quality assurance mechanisms.
- Similarly, providing support and guidance to students, providing timely feedback, acting as a personal tutor, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
- Contributing effectively to the administrative processes and committee structures of the School/Faculty. In addition to that, taking on leadership roles and managing initiatives which facilitate School, Faculty.
- Ph.D. or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related field. Moreover, specialization in Algorithms & Complexity, Distributed Systems & Services, and Artificial Intelligence preferred.
- In addition to that, a track record of research outputs in refereed publications of internationally excellent quality. Similarly, a successful record of obtaining external research funding with the potential for obtaining further funding in the future.
- Ability to contribute to and develop interdisciplinary collaborative research projects in a broad range of areas.
- A proven record of teaching in a University environment, with an enthusiastic approach to teaching computer science, and the ability to interact with students in ways that will enhance the student experience.
- Willingness and ability to deliver teaching in China in short intensive blocks (usually 2 weeks).
- Experience of proactively developing new teaching approaches and materials for in the area of Computer Science. Also, exceptional communication skills with the ability to collaborate with peers and inspire your research colleagues.
- Ability to contribute to the management and administrative processes and structures, including managing resources and/or staff.
- A commitment to a positive, inclusive and equal working environment.