Academic jobs in Australia, Lecturer of Accounting at the University of Wollongong, New South Wales
The University of Wollongong is looking for dynamic, motivated, highly qualified and experiencing Accounting graduate to lecture Accounting under the School of Accounting, Economics, and Finance. The position holder is expected to make contributions to the teaching and research efforts of the institution and to carry out activities to maintain and develop his/her scholarly activities relevant to the profession or discipline.
Roles and responsibilities
The Lecturer of Accounting at the University of Wollongong will be accountable for the following things
- Teaching and lecturing Accounts to higher level students.
- Conducting tutorial sessions, workshops, and seminars related to the discipline of Accounting.
- Undertake administrative functions the majority of connecting subjects.
- Checking, evaluating and marking assignments, and quizzes.
- Helping, guiding and supervising students with learning, assignments, and other assessments.
- Maintaining a standard and balance of performance across the core areas of academic work in accordance with the Academic Performance Framework.
- Reporting to head of School of Accounting, Economics, and Finance.
- Other tasks assigned by the Department head.
Required skills and qualifications
The position holder of the Academic jobs at the University of Wollongong in Australia needs to have the following qualifications and experiences
- Ph.D. or relevant qualification in the field of Accounting with work experience in the field of Accounting.
- Research experience in the field including though not limited to literature review, qualitative and quantitative research and publications.
- Expert in administering and delivering teaching across multiple campuses.
- An ability to design and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate subjects in financial and management accounting, auditing and taxation and other accounting subjects as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and to meet deadlines without close supervision.
- An excellent team player committed to developing effective relationships with fellow colleagues.