Academic Jobs at Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Position: Lecturer of Mathematics at Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
The Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology is the public university in the Jiangsu province of China. Its former name was the Meteorology College of Nanjing University. Additionally, it is the oldest institution of higher learning of meteorology science in China. In overall, NUIST offers Associate, Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate degree programs in areas including Atmospheric Science, Information Science, and Technology, Environmental Science, Engineering, management, literature, economics, laws, and agriculture. Above all, it is a Chinese Ministry of Education Double First Class Discipline University, with Double First Class status in certain disciplines.
Roles and responsibilities
The appointee will have the following main responsibilities:
- Teach BSc Mathematics and Applied Mathematics to higher level students.
- Perform specific duty to cover core-teaching requirements as well as contribute to other teachings as agreed with the NUIST-Reading Academy administration.
- Assessment, grading, and feedback on written work and oral presentations.
- Hold weekly office hours. Similarly, communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Maintain friendly and effective working relationships. Similarly, participate in appropriate professional meetings and workshops.
- Organizing extra-curriculum learning activities for students. Also, motivating students to engage in learning, as well as helping them to improve the quality of their work.
Required skills and qualifications
- Advanced level of proficiency and communicative competence in English.
- Ph.D. in Statistics or Mathematics.
- Experience of teaching Mathematics and/or related disciplines at the undergraduate level.
- Experience of the administration of courses and modules in British / Western universities.
- Excellent organization, communication, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- An excellent team player as well as a willingness to work flexibly as required.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter detailing how they satisfy the outlined requirements, a current resume, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of at least three (3) professional references.
Application materials must be directed to [email protected] copying [email protected] and be in Word or PDF format.