Roane State Community College Jobs
Position: Mechatronics Instructor
The community college in eastern Tennessee is accepting applications for the position of Mechatronics Instructor. The position will be for a 9-month tenure track.
In particular, the Mechatronics Instructor is expected to perform the following duties as per the departmental needs
- Plan and teach classes as assigned in accordance with the catalog description and the approved course syllabus including evenings.
- Use of technology and approved curricular aides in order to ensure alignment of the curriculum with the Siemens Level 1 and 2 certifications.
- Respond promptly to requests from the Dean’s office.
- Teach 15 hours of lectures per semester. The ability to teach during the summer may or may not be offered. Also, advise students about academic and career goals and also serve on assigned college committees.
- Post and maintain office hours which provide adequate time for academic advisement with students and out-of-class meetings with students and colleagues.
- Attend faculty, division, departmental and other meetings as well as attend and participate in convocation. Similarly, collaborate with Mechatronics faculty, curriculum chair, and academic leadership about curricular and programmatic issues and needs.
- Travel to multiple campuses or off-campus sites as assigned as well as engage in ongoing professional development through action-research projects and/or conference participation.
In order to be eligible for the position of Mechatronics Instructor in the Roane State Community College, candidates must have following qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from a regionally accredited college or university. However, a Master’s degree holder will be more preferred.
- Candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills. Similarly, the candidate must be willing to work with a diverse student population that represents a wide range of age, ethnicity, socio-economic backgrounds, and academic abilities.
- Computer skills including familiarity with Desire2Learn, LabView and STEP7 programming languages, Siemens and Allen Bradley PLCs will be an asset.
- Similarly, prior experience in teaching desirable.