Research Jobs at Texas A&M University, Texas, United States of America
Position: Assistant Research Scientist on Meteorology under the Department of Atmospheric Sciences in the College of Geosciences.
Roles and responsibilities
The incumbent work to improve the DOE Energy Exascale Earth System Model, and perform model simulations to understand model behaviors. Here are some of the core responsibilities that the research scientist will have to operate
- As part of the research team, participate in the project and carry out the studies of clouds and cloud-aerosol interactions.
- Improve the DOE Energy Exascale Earth System Model, and also, perform model simulations to understand model behaviors.
- Also, analyze the model results and compare them with observational data to evaluate model performance.
- Write scientific papers to document the results.
- In addition to that, responsible for data management of the project and providing input suitable for climate modeling.
- Also, support related research efforts in the research group.
- Furthermore, performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications
- Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science, or closely related field. In addition to that, at least three years of working experience in the relevant area.
- Advanced knowledge of clouds, aerosol, and atmospheric radiation in the climate system.
- Good understanding of the principles of cloud processes and aerosol-cloud interactions.
- Excellent understanding of the current challenges and developments in cloud and aerosol research.
- Ability to interact with atmospheric scientists, climate modelers, and software engineers and participate in the development of earth system models (ESMs). Similarly, an ability to interact with the Faculty and mentor graduate students of the Department of Atmospheric Sciences in climate model developments and modeling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as capacity to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.