Multimedia Specialist jobs at Lawrence University
Lawrence University is a liberal arts college and conservatory of music in Appleton, Wisconsin, United States. Basically, Lawrence consistently ranks in the top tier of national liberal arts colleges by U.S. News & World Report. Lawrence grants Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Music degrees, with a double degree possible. In addition to that, Lawrence offers a number of cooperative degree programs in areas such as engineering, health sciences, and environmental studies. Furthermore, the university practices a trimester calendar whose academic year runs from mid-September to mid-June.
Lawrence University’s Office of Communications welcomes a creative and energetic storyteller to serve as Multimedia Specialist to join the team. S/he will be responsible for making engaging video, photography, and other digital assets that will enhance the University’s social media and web presence.
In addition to the above duties, the incumbent will perform the following additional specifications
- Work with Communications colleagues, as well as other key departments like Admissions, Development, and Alumni Relations, to brainstorm, plan, and execute multimedia projects.
- Collaborate with and support the Director of Video Production on the completion of signature videos and other projects as needed.
- Collaborate with and support the Social Media & Web Content Specialist on executing imagery and made-for-social video for our primary social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Document on-campus events, periodic off-campus community-based outreach, and other photo and video opportunities as needed.
- Set up shots, conduct interviews, and keep notes for post-production editing.
- Import photo, video, audio and edit in Adobe Creative Suite software: Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Photoshop.
- Maintain a well-organized production workflow, working collaboratively on photo/video projects and sharing media as needed. Also, stay current with current multimedia trends and best practices.
- Similarly, build and manage a team of student photographers/videographers to assist with photo and video projects.
- Furthermore, manage multiple photos and video projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in the related field.
- Professional experience in both videography and photography.
- Ability to effectively tell a story visually.
- Exceptional video, photo, and audio editing skills.
- Knowledge of professional lighting and audio gear and techniques.
- Familiarity with photo/video production in-studio and on-location as well as working on animation and motion graphics
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Strong interest in and familiarity with social media platforms, particularly Instagram and YouTube. Also, familiarity with video and audio accessibility issues, including captioning and transcription.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to listen to and professionally respond to colleagues/clients.
- Ability to perform as an effective team member while handling independent projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate multi-generationally with a vision of institutional inclusion to groups underserved by higher education.
- A commitment to understanding and using new technology.
- Ability to work occasional off-shift hours (early mornings, evenings, weekends) is expected.