Office Assistant position available at the Department of Campus Safety of the University of Denver. The Department of Campus Safety is committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to effectively engage with diverse individuals and communities. The incumbent will contribute towards the department functions.
- Assists with the management of internal records within the Division, to include, but not limited to, employee personnel file, training, and inspection reports.
- Provide administrative support to the Office Coordinator besides members of senior staff
- Similarly, provide coordination for internal projects that impact the delivery of service and performance of department staff.
- Creates and produces professional documents such as letters, forms, proposals, presentations, graphs and spreadsheets for use by members of the department.
- Responds to incoming inquires (via telephone, e-mail or in person) in a professional manner
- Assists with the production as well as reporting of federally mandated crime statistics and other required data for inclusion into the Annual Security Report for Clery Compliance.
- Performs daily activity of the office operation including but not limited to:
- Answering phone lines
- Performing a wide variety of data entry
- Also, responding to customer inquiries
- Typing routine correspondence
- Assisting with the purchasing of office supplies and equipment service requests are made.
- Adheres to all Division and University policies, procedures, directives, rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum one (1) year of office/clerical/customer service experience.
- Above all, demonstrate and maintain good moral character.
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Moreover, knowledge of office machines including copier, printer, laptop and desktop computer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and communication skills.
- Furthermore, ability to multitask and prioritize tasks given by multiple supervisors.
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Moreover, ability to self-direct work.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university. May substitute relevant work experience.
- Experience working with Records Retention and associated data entry.
- Comprehensive understanding of laws and regulations affecting institutions of higher education as well as non-sworn campus Law Enforcement Agencies, including but not limited, to FERPA and the Jeanne Clery Act.