Part-time academic jobs at Georgian College, Canada
Position: Part-time Professor Principles of Management
Georgian College is a College of Applied Arts and Technology in Ontario, Canada. In overall, it has 13,000 full-time students, including 3,600 international students from 85 countries, across seven campuses, the largest being in Barrie. Georgian College offers academic upgrading, apprenticeship training, certificate, diploma, graduate certificate, a college degree, and university programs. In addition to that, it also offers part-time studies.
The successful appointee of Part-time Professor Principles of Management will carry out the following specifications
- Delivering introductory management courses in the Business and Hospitality programs.
- Similarly, developing and delivering an appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives.
- Incorporating a variety of teaching/learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating student progress/achievement.
- Participating in program and college activities as well as in program revision and renewal activities as required.
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment.
- An Honours Bachelor degree in Business, Hospitality or related discipline. In addition to that, a minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership and management capacity within private and/or public sector organization.
- Experience managing change and leading innovation as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to life-long learning and computer literacy in MS Office packages.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students.
- Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies.
- Furthermore, Teaching and Training Adults certification and/or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset.