Physician Jobs at University of Utah, the United States of America
The University of Utah
The University of Utah is a public research university in Salt Lake City, United States of America. It offers more than 100 undergraduate majors and more than 92 graduate degree programs. The university ranks 61st among U.S. universities by total research expenditures with over $380 million spent in 2017. 22 Rhodes Scholars, four Nobel Prize winners, two Turing Award winners, eight MacArthur Fellows, various Pulitzer Prize winners, two astronauts, Gates Cambridge Scholars, and Churchill Scholars have been affiliated with the university as students, researchers, or faculty members in its history. In addition, the university’s Honors College has been reviewed among 100 leading national Honors Colleges in the U.S.
Roles and responsibilities
The position holder must perform the following duties and responsibilities
- Takes complex medical histories on patients referred for consultation by academic and community physicians.
- Performs physical examinations.
- Orders laboratory tests, x-rays, special imaging studies, and other diagnostic procedures.
- May perform bone marrow aspirations and biopsies, skin biopsies, lumbar punctures; administers intrathecal chemotherapy, and may participate in bone marrow harvests.
- Monitors the level of and adjusts immunosuppressive medications.
- Orders and supervises the administration of blood products.
- Reaches tentative diagnosis of medical, surgical and other conditions.
- Develops treatment plans in conjunction with attending physician to provide optimal patient medical management.
- Participates in continuing medical education to include specialty and sub-specialty meetings, clubs, boards, and conferences.
- Assists in the collection of data for research projects.
- Orders consultations and interacts with members of other specialty medical teams.
- Participates in special projects and committee functions.
Required qualification and skills
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician’s Assistant from the State of Utah and Certification in ACLS/BLS/NRP/ATLS
- Must be a graduate of ARC-PA approved/accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Strong communication and human relation skills.