Academic jobs at Louisiana State University, USA
Position: Postdoctoral Researcher on Cognitive Neuroscience
Louisiana State University is a public research university in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It consists of more than 250 buildings constructed in the style of Italian Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. It occupies a 650-acre (2.6 km²) plateau on the banks of the Mississippi River. In overall, Louisiana State University ranks at 140th in the national universities category and 70th among public universities by the 2019 U.S. News & World Report ranking of U.S. colleges. In addition to that, LSU is also ranked as the 218th best overall university in the nation by Forbes magazine and is featured in the 2011 edition of Princeton Review’s Best 371 Colleges guide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked LSU as the 16th most popular university in the nation.
Roles and responsibilities
The postdoctoral researcher will be accountable for the following duties
- Engage in interdisciplinary research in Cognitive Neuroscience. Similarly, interacting with research groups from multiple disciplines to facilitate interdisciplinary research activities
- Developing, running and analyzing data on projects, and presenting the findings in peer-reviewed manuscripts and at conferences.
- Work with faculty in the Cognitive and Brain Sciences and Clinical areas of the Psychology Department and with faculty in the Center for Computation and Technology.
- Furthermore, other duties and assessments as per the direction of the research head.
Required qualifications and skills
- A Ph.D. in cognitive science, cognitive neuroscience, psychology, or a related field.
- Additionally, Knowledge of cognitive neuroscience, which can be demonstrated by a track record of scholarship including knowledge of peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
- Experience collecting fMRI, EEG, or eye tracking data.
- Experience performing analysis on EEG, eye tracking fMRI and DTI data using standard neuroimaging software. Perform basic and advanced data analysis of behavioral, eye tracking and/or MRI data using Excel, SPSS, and other software (e.g., Matlab, Python, R).
- Experience writing peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience programming and administering computerized psychological experiments on E-prime or Psychtoolbox and with one or more scripting languages (e.g., Matlab, Python, Bash, R).