Jobs at Doha Institute of Graduate Studies
Position: Postdoctoral Fellow in Social Psychology
Doha Institute of Graduate Studies is carrying out a unique and new research project funded by the Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF). In particular, the project focuses on the challenges to national identity among Qatari youth in the context of the blockade crisis. In order to aid the research project, DI is accepting applications to hire Postdoctoral Fellow on Social Psychology.
Moreover, s/he will be doing the following specifications in the research
- Take a key role and actively participate in data collection and fieldwork – this will involve data collection utilizing survey instruments, as well as the conduct of one on one interviews and focus groups with Qatari youth.
- Data collection activities will require travel to field sites such as schools and/or university campuses around Qatar
- Contribute to data management and classification as well as analyze and interpret data generated by the project.
- Carry out other forms of data collection and analysis as required by the needs of the project. Similarly, prepare, maintain and update the website, Facebook and Twitter materials.
- Help in preparing progress reports for the LPI and funding agency as well as coordinate regular meetings.
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations as required. Similarly, write supporting documents to contribute to and support the work of the LPI and project team.
- Help prepare papers for journals, and presentations at national and international conferences and seminars to disseminate research findings. Also, collect and conduct a semiotic analysis of archival material for the linguistic landscape aspect of the project.
- May participate in the teaching of modules in quantitative research methods and other courses.
- Furthermore, complete other tasks as directed by the LPI.
- Ph.D. or equivalent qualification in Social Psychology or another closely related field.
- In addition to that, the previous role in research activities is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, and the ability to conduct research activities orally and in writing in both languages.
- Also, experience with specialized software such as SPSS or Stata and working with large datasets.
This position is open until filled.