Principal Institutional Planner position is available in the Office of Institutional Planning (OIP) at University of Colorado.
This professional-level position resides in the Office of Institutional Planning (OIP). The incumbent is responsible for providing technical expertise regarding architectural and also planning matters for the CU Denver Campus. The employee in this position provides direction, consultation and coordination on architectural issues regarding campus planning, the internal and external campus environment, and design and construction projects during all project phases.
- Providing direction to CU Denver staff, faculty, students and administrative leadership on all matters related to the physical campus environment.
- Also, to serve as the principal campus liaison with the University of Colorado Design Review Board (DRB) and Auraria Design Review Teams (DRT).
- Working with the CU Anschutz Campus Architect to amend the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus Guidelines and Standards for Construction Projects
- Moreover, working with AHEC staff to amend the Auraria Campus Design Guidelines as needed.
- Producing design guidelines for the Denver Campus as needed and assigned.
- Develop and administer a process for campus monuments and other donor opportunities.
- Furthermore, act as campus representative on any CU System initiatives related to design or campus aesthetic.
- Coordinate architectural and construction plans, diagrams, design guidelines and other architectural documents for the university.
- In addition, coordinate and collaborate as assigned on projects undertaken by exterior stakeholders
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Urban Design, Architecture or equivalent
- Six (6) years active working experience in architecture
- A comprehensive knowledge of architectural and design principles is required.
- Knowledge of all aspects of campus design and construction, contributing to architectural issues for instance infrastructure, facility siting, interior design and finishes.
- Above all, strong interpersonal skills and abilities, including excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience.
- Similarly, working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, the Adobe creative suite and other software useful in the design, project management and document preparation processes.