Apply for the Production Editor Vacancy at Texas A&M University. The category of the position is Publications and Editing.
Production Editor II
Texas A&M University
International Ocean Discovery Program
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Production Editor II under supervision works with Production Editors to produce expedition publications and other program materials. Coordinate with members of the editorial and graphics sections to maintain style and consistency. Additionally, apply standard formats, style guidelines, and workflow procedures. Coordinate at least one area for the Production section. Furthermore, the selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Additionally, two years of related experience in electronic publishing and printing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Also, working knowledge of publication and web production software including MS Word and Excel, Adobe FrameMaker/InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Obtain and hold a passport and appropriate visas on a continuing basis
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five or more years of experience in scholarly electronic and web publishing
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Duties for Production Editor Vacancy at Texas
- Produce draft and final products for IODP riser, riderless, and mission-specific expedition volume materials, reports, and expedition research manuscripts
- Also, provide post-cruise meeting support
- Likewise, produce publications for special projects
- Additionally, perform legacy tasks for previous program materials
- Carry out standards and style guidelines for quality control.
- Additionally, ensure quality, consistency, and completeness in all publications.
- Similarly, proof of HTML and PDF online publications and other web content.
- Understand and implement IODP style for publications materials
- Also, understand the publication workflow from submission to publication
- Additionally, attend software training or production training as needed
- In addition to that, the incumbent should use available resources to find information
- Also, participate as needed or assigned in ongoing research into software, hardware, and other technologies or techniques that will streamline production and keep IODP publications technically current
- Likewise, learn production techniques beyond the basics
A cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (including at least one previous supervisor) are strongly recommended. Additionally, you may upload all three on the application under CV/Resume, or upon answering the questionnaire you may attach the documents.