Professor Jobs at the University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Position: Full Professor in Work and Organizational Psychology
Roles and responsibilities
- Conduct and publish high-quality research preferably in the area of individual behavior in organizational contexts.
- Develop as well as teach courses and supervise in the Bachelor, Master and/or Research Master Program of Work- and Organizational Psychology.
- Similarly, contribute to the board and management of the program group and/or department. Also, active involvement in national as well as international collaboration within and between disciplines.
- Attract and supervise externally funded research projects. Similarly, be active in translating your research to a broader audience and the field.
- Supervise Ph.D. students. Also, play a role in Ph.D. education in the Kurt Lewin Institute or an equivalent.
- Be an active mentor of (junior) staff and stimulate within group collaborations.
- Furthermore, representing the field in international committees, editorial boards, and as a journal editor.
- Ph.D. in Work- and Organizational Psychology, Social Psychology, Sports Psychology, Communication Science, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Research Methods, Behavioral Economics, or similar. In addition to that, the experience of teaching psychology at a higher level will be plus.
- Extensive knowledge of current state-of-the-art of Work- and Organizational Psychology.
- Research (content and methodological) expertise that complements the current staff’s expertise and backgrounds. Similarly, expertise and/or affinity with interdisciplinary research bridging work and organizational psychology with adjacent research areas.
- High quality and impactful publications in international top journals (on a full professor-level).
- Extensive experience with course development, teaching, and good teaching evaluations as well of experience of psychology-related work at international level.
- demonstrable influence on the field through formal positions in international organizations, editorships, and editorial board membership
- Experience in applying and obtaining grants and funding for research projects. Similarly, demonstrable experience and affinity with supervising and mentoring (junior) staff. In addition to that, experience and affinity with management.
- Command of Dutch or the willingness to learn within 2 years.