Professor jobs at Judson University
Position Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Architectural Design
Judson University is an evangelical Christian liberal arts university in Elgin, Illinois. The university has campuses in Elgin and Rockford, Illinois, and a student body of approximately 1,300. Judson University has more than 60 undergraduate majors, minors and pre-professional programs and is currently the only evangelical Christian college or university to offer a fully accredited graduate program in architecture. Judson was in the rank of 24th in the list of Midwest Regional colleges by U.S. News & World Report in 2014.
The University Department of Architecture is seeking qualified and dynamic appointee for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Architecture. In particular, the incumbent will perform the following duties
- Conduct teaching, service, and scholarship within a private, Christian university of the professions and liberal arts and science.
- Teach required coursework in building science (one or more of the following areas: Building Envelope & Service, MEP systems, Acoustics, Lighting, and Renewable Environmental systems). Similarly, teach or consult in graduate and/or undergraduate architectural design studio.
- Also, conduct a research agenda that is integrated w/ teaching assignments.
- Provide service to the program and the university in the form of student advising, committee assignments and maintaining office hours.
- Furthermore, complete other duties as assigned.
In order to be fit for the role, the incumbent must have the following qualifications
- An accredited terminal architecture degree (e.g. M. Arch. or equivalent).
- Collaborative skills to work with colleagues in the Department and throughout the University.
- Architecture licensure or eligibility for architecture licensure in the US (or international equivalent) as well as teaching experience in a NAAB program.
- Proficiency in industry-standard software (e.g. Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Vectorworks)
- Demonstration of an active and growing Christian faith as well as the commitment to excellence in teaching w/I a Christ-centered academic community.