Professor jobs at VU University Amsterdam
Position: Professor in System Security under the Department of Computer Science
The Virje University Amsterdam is a private Christain university in Amsterdam, Netherlands. VU University Amsterdam has the number of academic faculties including Science, Business, Computer Science, and all. In overall, together, the faculties offer 50 bachelor’s, almost 160 master’s, and a number of Ph.D.programmes.
This Dutch university is seeking senior security leader to be the part of the Department of Computer Science at the university.
In particular, the incumbent will do the following duties
- Lead a security research group
- Contribute to teaching in our bachelor and master programs by initiating/developing and planning of 2-3 courses within your area of expertise, as well as in the supervision of bachelor and master projects.
- Similarly, formulate proposals for improvement with reference to the educational evaluation of course components and implements them
- Complement the existing research group in systems security in a secure cluster that offers a more complete palette in security research by coordinating and developing new and innovative research projects
- Handle managerial and/or administrative tasks that go beyond the department. For example, managing an educational committee or coordinating a course or mandated management tasks.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science. In addition to that, excellent publication track record in systems or systems security in prominent (international) journals or reputable conference proceedings.
- Excellent (international) visibility in the research community. Similarly, excellent teaching skills, witnessed by good teaching evaluations.
- Either in possession of or willing to obtain, a teaching qualification (‘BKO’). Also, the ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
- Good interpersonal communication skills as well as the strong command in the English language.