Professor Jobs at Widener University, Pennsylvania, United States
Position: Associate Professor- Tenure Track and Director, Center for Human Sexuality Studies
The position holder will be doing the following duties
- Serve as organizational leader of the unit, including leading faculty development opportunities for all faculty, promoting inter-disciplinary connections amongst faculty, and cultivating an environment for innovation and creative pedagogy.
- Provide vision and leadership for the programs in the unit, working in partnership with individual graduate program directors and the Associate Dean/Dean.
- Mentor faculty development in terms of scholarship, teaching, and service, and also managing the Promotion, Tenure, and Academic Freedom process for tenure-track education faculty.
- Coordinate the recruitment and search processes for faculty and adjunct faculty in the unit.
- In collaboration with other academic departments, facilitate, encourage and guide all curriculum development, revision and approval in the Center.
- Facilitate the work of the unit to develop grant proposals to corporations, foundations, and government agencies; collaborate on research-based and community-based initiatives with faculty.
- Cultivate external relations with relevant agencies, colleges, and universities, non-profit organizations, alumni, foundations, etc.
- Oversight and strategic management of goals, processes, systems, and programs to enhance student admissions, enrollment, retention, and persistence to degree.
- Develop a strategy to grow the quantity, quality, strategic impact, and diversity of student enrollment.
- Collaborate with offices/departments such as Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, and others to provide an integrated experience that helps graduate students successfully complete their program.
- Develop and direct entrepreneurial programs such as professional development offerings as well as continuing education, distance learning and nontraditional formats for degree completion.
- Teach graduate courses on campus, online or via hybrid formats (when requested) in area of expertise, carrying a load similar to others that hold faculty and administrative responsibilities.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching and student assessment; use faculty development opportunities and teacher effectiveness tools to improve teaching.
- Supervise students on special projects, practicum, and dissertation (including the chair or member of the committee).
- Maintain currency in the academic discipline through continuing study, research, and/or participation in professional activities. Also, engage in scholarly work related to the area of interest on a regular basis and as required by expectations of the program and Center (As referenced in the Center Guidelines for Tenure Track Faculty).
- Pursue an active research agenda, resulting in contributions and dissemination through research, presentations and/or publications.
- Furthermore, participate in relevant service responsibilities as a member or chairperson of committees/task forces at the Center, School, and/or University level.
The ideal candidate must have the following things to qualify for the post
- A doctoral degree (Ph.D., EdD, etc.) in human sexuality or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience, qualifications, and record of teaching excellence and scholarship for faculty appointment at the Associate Professor rank. However, candidates with experience mentoring doctoral students and with technology in instruction (including Web-based or hybrid instruction) are preferred.
- Higher education administrative experience at the department or college level.
- Experience with higher education in recruitment and retention of students, curriculum development, and fiscal management of resources.
- Higher education personnel and/or faculty mentoring experience as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with curriculum development and assessment processes. Similarly, a strong record of research and publication in one or more areas of expertise.
- Demonstration of collaborative experiences with colleagues in their profession and workplace.
Widener University is a private university in Chester, Pennsylvania. Altogether, the university has three other campuses: two in Pennsylvania (Harrisburg and Exton) and one in Wilmington, Delaware.