Academic Jobs at American University in the Emirates (AUE) Dubai
The American University in the Emirates (AUE) is a private university located in Dubai International Academic City in the United Arab Emirates. The university was founded in 2006, because of the growing demand for higher education in the UAE and the region. The university partners with academic, non-academic and corporate institutions and organizations around the world. AUE is an approved university by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and is licensed by the Commission for Academic Accreditation to offer various undergraduate as well as graduate programs where students can earn bachelors and masters degrees.
The American University in the Emirates (AUE) is seeking highly qualified, talented and experienced Ph.D. graduate to join the lecturer team of School of Design in the university. The appointee will be responsible for teaching, lecturing and assisting students in the subject of Design, emphasizing on the following techniques
- Digital Animation
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
Roles and responsibilities
- Present research and practice drove teaching
- Adapt to the latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
- Supervision of thesis, capstone and internship assignments of students
- Actively engage in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in the area of specialization thus contributing to the Mission of the University.
- Provide academic advising and guidance the students in the program learning outcomes, curriculum planning, and career planning.
- Evaluating students’ performance and grading. Providing clear assessment criteria that reflects course content and its learning outcomes, setting expectations to students, avoiding cognitive biases.
- Contributes to regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum or developing new specialization or program.
- Participate by working in a task force or workgroup to accomplish assignment or project such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to university, discipline and to the community.
- Acquire latest academic techniques, discipline and professional certification, technology-related development, and leadership development through attending in-campus and out-campus workshops, seminars and training.
- Ph.D. in the related field of Business from an internationally accredited university.
- Applicant must have completed a Philosophy Doctorate (Ph. D) by the time of recruitment from an internationally accredited university
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching /working experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Proven record of excellence at baccalaureate and graduate program level teaching
Furthermore, he/she must have the following skills and expertise
- Curricular development and review.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Continued research program and interest in collaboration with another faculty.
- Ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Excellent English Proficiency and Communication skills for Faculty teaching in English
- Excellent Arabic Proficiency and Communication skills for faculty teaching in Arabic