Jobs at Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia
Position: Professor of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
About Swinburne University
The Swinburne University of Technology or also termed as ‘Swinburne’ is the Australian public university in Melbourne, Victoria. The main campus of Swinburne is located at Hawthorn, a suburb 7.5 kilometers away from CBD of Melbourne. Other than the main campus in Hawthorn, Swinburne has two campuses in other metropolitan areas of Melbourne. Also, it has a campus in Malaysia. Swinburne believes in practical learning experiences and that is the reason why it has collaborates with many industries to ensure the practical learning platform for students.
Roles and responsibilities
The incumbent will have to perform the following duties
- Providing outstanding and energetic leadership in research, teaching and other professional activities within the Faculty.
- Maintain and develop partnerships with a wide range of industries and public institutions. Similarly, maintain a significant program of public and institutional engagement.
- Working with other Swinburne researchers, to strengthen and amplify existing and acknowledged research strengths of the University.
- Collaborate with other senior as well as junior staffs to foster a culture of innovation and excellence and advance cross-disciplinary programs.
- Present the university in the nationally competitive record of research funding.
- Teach students as well as provide mentorship to early career researchers and in attracting and supervising relevant higher degree candidates.
Required qualifications and skills
- Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation or a closely related field.
- In addition to that, internationally recognized track record of research in the discipline related area.
- Proven, track record in attracting and managing external research income through competitive grants and/or industry collaboration.