Project Intermediate Manager/Facilities Maintenance Planner position is available at University of Michigan.
The Work Management Department within Facilities and Operations is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Planner with a strong mechanical background, including chillers, cold rooms, rooftop units, humidification systems and equipment, cooling towers, gas fired units, air handlers and HVAC controls. The function of the FM Planner is to improve workforce productivity and work quality through the planning and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools, equipment access, documentation, work area access, and any other items necessary for work planning purposes.
- Create for the use of the maintenance work group, complete and accurate planned work.
- Break down complex work requirements into individual and logical steps via detailed job planning.
- Allocate time to Major Job Plans Steps in fractional hours to establish time scales that are reasonable; safety, quality and efficient action are paramount.
- Prepare the needed purchase orders or release documents, and forward the completed documents to the Purchasing and or Material Coordination Role.
- Receive and review authorized work orders from the Facilities Service Center for completeness by identifying that required fields of information are not inaccurate or omitted.
- Correct and review as necessary based upon a field check of the work order at the work location.
- Review, monitor and prioritize all planned jobs for cost, quality and timeliness.
- Solicit feedback via the Tradesperson’s Post Job Analysis form and take actions as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Coach and mentor peers, and share among peers newly found or developed skills, techniques and improvements
- At least one year of experience in the following areas: Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical
- Experience working with trades classifications and/or functions
- Prior use and interpretation of maintenance or facility maintenance union contracts and vendor contracts applicable to job task assignments
- Prior experience in the use of safety measures and understanding of applicable regulations for construction and trades work
- Ability to apply the University of Michigan design guidelines and policies as required
- Demonstrated working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations
- Demonstrated proficient use of various computer programs including and/or equivalent to Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, (especially Excel), reporting tools and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience with interpreting blueprints, specifications, materials and equipment take-offs
- Ability to coordinate multiple planning tasks in a fast paced service or production environment
- Accurate and acute written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to fulfill the requirements needed to drive a University vehicle
$72,000.00 – $85,000.00
- Five or more years of previous experience as a Facilities Maintenance Planner in a Facilities Management Organization or manufacturing industry
- Two or more years’ experience in project management
- Electrical Journeyman’s card or equivalent education up to a four year degree in a electrical field
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan’s purchasing system including material ordering process, MPathways (PeopleSoft), Business Objects, and budget reconciliation
- Three or more years’ experience in large complex organizations with exposure in facility maintenance management
- Demonstrated proficient use with AutoCad