Research jobs at Swansea University, Wales, United Kindom
Position: Research Assistant at the School of Management
Swansea University is the public research university in Swansea, Wales. Started as the fourth college of the University of Wales under the name University College of Swansea, this university formally became Swansea University in 2007. Swansea University offers over 330 undergraduate and about 120 postgraduate courses in different academic fields like Business, Law, Science, Computer Technology, Humanities, and so on. It is the third largest university in Wales in terms of enrollment as the university manages more than 20,000 students in 7 colleges. In 2016, The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide titled Swansea University as the best university in Wales.
- Interact positively and professionally with other collaborators and partners within the College and elsewhere in the University and beyond as appropriate such as in industry/commerce, public organizations
- Pro-actively contribute to and conduct research, including gather, prepare and analyze data, generate original ideas and present results.
- Performs simulations and (statistical) analyses, including selecting the appropriate analysis procedure, setting up data for analysis, judging validity and reliability of data
- Prepare reports, draft patents and papers describing the results of the research. They might be both confidential and for publication to internal and external parties when needed.
- Effectively uses available technology to facilitate the success of the project
- Apply and use their initiative, aiming to determine suitable ways to tackle challenges and seeking guidance whenever necessary.
- Maintain and enhance links with the professional institutions and other related bodies.
- In addition to that, observe best-practice protocols in maintenance and retention of research records as indicated by HEI and Research Councils records management guidance.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Network, Cypher Security or related field. However, a Ph.D. in Computer Network or Cypher Security is strongly desirable.
- In addition to that, work experience in the equivalent field.
- Evidence of the ability to actively engage in and contribute to writing and publishing research papers, particularly for refereed journals.
- A demonstrable ability to conduct research in line with the objectives of the project.
- Evidence of planning skills to contribute to the research project.
- A commitment to continuous professional development Experience