Research Associate position is available at University of Rhode Island.
- Develop and deliver community based programs as part of USDA funded nutrition assessment and outreach grants targeting limited income populations.
- Conduct applied research and community-based nutrition education.
- Responsible for daily operation of Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP), a USDA funded program teaching nutrition, budgeting and food safety to income-eligible residents of Rhode Island.
- Hire, train and supervise paraprofessionals assigned to the program.
- Assist in developing and conducting community-based nutrition education, research and risk assessment with targeted audiences.
- Conduct data management/needs assessments and evaluation, including analysis of qualitative and quantitative data related to programmatic efforts, and entry into database.
- Build priority level collaboratives among community partners and recruit participants.
- Supervise EFNEP Community Nutrition Assistants (CNA’s) and oversee daily activities of program.
- Research training needs; conduct initial and continual training for CNA’s in appropriate subject matter.
- Development and review of appropriate curricula for targeted EFNEP audiences.
- Conduct nutrition education programming to administrative personnel of community and state organizations
- Assist in preparing 5-year plans designed to meet program objectives and needs of clientele.
$57,148 – $71,534
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Nutrition or closely related area.
- Registered Dietitian status.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in nutrition education for low income families, adults and youth in community-based settings.
- Minimum of one year supervising and training EFNEP paraprofessionals.
- Demonstrated experience in data management and data analysis.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.