Research Jobs at Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Position: Research Associate, Center for Biotechnology
Khalifa University also known as Khalifa University of Science and Technology or KU) is a science university located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates The Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
Roles and responsibilities
The research associate will carry out the following duties
- Carries out research and produces publications, or other research output, in line with personal objectives agreed in the review process.
- Similarly, engages in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Contributes to a research center or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Also, fosters service by contributing to the community at large in a participatory, developmental and advisory capacity.
- Furthermore, supports and participates in research activities.
- Master Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Bioinformatics or any related Science major. In addition to that, a minimum of two years of experience in the related field.
- Candidate must be able to work independently. Similarly, the ability to operate PCR and Sequencing instrumentation independently.
- A proven track record of, or high potential for, high-quality scientific research, as evidenced by their publication records and/or letters of recommendation.
- Furthermore, the ability to troubleshoot instrumentation issues is highly desirable.