Research jobs at Syracuse University
Position: Postdoctoral Researcher at Whitman School of Management
Syracuse University, a private research university is seeking postdoctoral researcher at Whitman School of Management. In general, the incumbent will perform the following duties
Research and Project Management
- Lead the National Survey on Military-Connected Entrepreneurs research project, data collection, analysis, the publication (conference papers, peer-review journals, and white papers), dissemination, and professional presentation of results.
- Provide timely response to external and internal requests for research data and analysis that support the IVMF, EEE program, SU (sponsored programs, accounting, etc.), partners, and stakeholders.
- Supervise student research assistant(s) assigned to various projects, as required.
- Collaborate with other scholars in ensuring world-class data collection and dissemination
- Translate original and existing academic research and policy analysis into practice. Similarly, develop prescriptive guidance and communicate recommendations to IVMF program management, IVMF partners, and national stakeholders via multiple formats (e.g., peer-reviewed publications, reports, briefs, op-eds, blogs, etc.).
- Assist and participate in IVMF and national convening events to engage with and gain insight from prominent thought leaders and researchers in the veteran and military community.
- Also, conduct other research projects in collaboration with Whitman faculty and other research scholars.
- Furthermore, may involve domestic travel as part of data collection and dissemination.
The appointee needs to teach one undergraduate class in Entrepreneurship at the Whitman School. Generally, teaching duties include
- Updating course syllabus in line with overall course and program goals, in collaboration with EEE Department Chair
- Preparation of lectures, projects or other student assignments. Similarly, maintaining regularly scheduled office hours as well as meeting all designated class periods.
- Presenting instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course.
- Submitting completed mid-semester progress reports and final grades according to University regulations as well as Whitman School’s grading policy.
- Grading student assignments and exams in a timely manner. Also, providing departmentally sanctioned forms for completed student evaluations.
- Building a positive rapport with students and faculty.
Grant Administration and Department
- Cultivate new research opportunities through independent (non-sponsored) project development, persistent proposal writing, and engaged collaboration within the national and international veterans’ research and policy community.
- Furthermore, perform other related duties as assigned.
Required education and experience
In order to be eligible for the position, candidates must have the following qualifications
- Ph.D. completed by the start of position, in entrepreneurship [preferred], public or business administration, social sciences, or related disciplines considered
- Previous experience in large scale survey data collection and creation of multi-item measures
- Similarly, minimum of 2-3 years of overall experience in academic research with at least 1 year of self-directed quantitative survey research, or interpreting research data for publication