Research Jobs at Tufts University, United States
Position: Data Scientist Research Analyst – Tisch College (Part-time)
Tufts University is a private research university in Medford and Somerville, Massachusetts which is a charter member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC). It was a small New England liberal arts college until its transformation into a larger research university in the 1970s. The university emphasizes active citizenship and public service in all its disciplines. It is also famous for its internationalism and study abroad programs. The university comprises ten academic schools. Also, two undergraduate degree programs and eight graduate divisions, on four campuses in the Boston metropolitan area and the French Alps.
The university is seeking a prominent Data Scientist Research Analyst to join a larger group of colleagues at Tisch College. S/he will participate in various college-wide initiatives such as college-wide events and mentorship programs.
In addition to those, the position holder will do the following duties in particular
- Building and maintaining open-source tools for redistricting research, including geospatial data processing and auditing packages.
- Contributing to the development of District, open-source web app for drawing districts and identifying communities.
- Solving data science problems that come up in our consulting and research projects, with a focus on creating dependable, systematic approaches that can be reused in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated competencies in relevant skills. In addition to that, 1/2 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Proficiency using a statistical software package like SPSS, SAS, or STATA, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Keen attention to details and ability to manage multiple project deliverables and timelines.
- Passion for using research to achieve equity in civic learning opportunities through systemic changes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects as well as effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Similarly, the ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet demanding timelines.
- Compose accurate and clearly written reports and documents.
- Work independently within basic guidelines and parameters.
- Gather and further, analyze available data and draw logical conclusions. Also, establish and maintain effective collaborative working team relationships.
- Engage in proactive problem solving and critical thinking/analysis. Similarly, engage with diverse stakeholders of varied educational and professional backgrounds.