Research Jobs at the University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Position: Research Assistant to work on the project: “Extending the Narrative Visualisation to Child Protection”.
In particular, the research assistant will do the following tasks to aid the project
- Conduct high-quality research and development, under limited supervision and in collaboration with industry and other stakeholders.
- Engage with external end-users and clients to develop project requirements through a number of workshops.
- Similarly, extend an existing system to fulfill those requirements identified, incorporating on-going feedback.
- Assist in the completion of the project milestones as well as establish an effective working relationship with the project partners.
- Prepare or contribute to reports/publications for submission to the University and industry partners.
- Active involvement in professional activities including, subject to the availability of funds, attendance at conferences, and seminars. Also, attend and actively participate in meetings associated with relevant research projects.
- Under the direction of the chief investigators, provide advice to postgraduate students, internship students and visiting students in the appointee’s area of expertise.
- Furthermore, undertake administrative duties associated with relevant research projects, as may be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science and development experience in the industry.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing Unity applications. Similarly, project management skills, including the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects ensuring milestones are met.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively in a team with members from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated high-level communications skills and computer literacy, including presentation of results to various stakeholders.
The University of South Australia is a public research university in South Australia. Overall, it is the largest university in South Australia with almost 32,000 students. With its establishment, the university has had the motto of ‘Educating professionals. Creating and applying knowledge. Engaging our communities.’. The university lies among the world’s top universities. Above all, it is in the 264th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019. Furthermore, the university has affiliations with the Australian Technology Network (ATN), Open Universities Australia, Australian Vice-Chancellors’ Committee (AVCC), Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), and Engineers Australia.