Retention Coordinator position is available at Harris Stowe State University (HSSU).
About the Position
The Retention Coordinator will assist in identifying the academic, social, emotional and financial deterrents that impact persistence and graduation from HSSU. This role plays an integral part of the student experience, success, and retention of HSSU students. The Retention Coordinator reports to the Director of Retention and International Programs. The successful candidate must have the drive to learn and grow within retention programming and student success.
- Manage the Early Alert System, which is a software to gauge students at-risk so the university can be proactive in retention efforts.
- Create effective ways to utilize the Early Alert System.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with faculty and advisors who submit alerts.
- Advise the Hornet Keeper Peer Mentor Program.
- Work with individual students to co-create academic success plans that will contribute to academic and personal success in college.
- Develop relationships that foster developmental conversations.
- Motivate students to achieve educational goals.
- Coordinate workshops for students in conjunction with Student Support Services
- Serve on university-wide committees
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience within retention and/or event coordination; student leadership experience required
- Must have the ability to generate and use data to leverage results
- Strong organization skills, ability to multitask and remain a team player
- Experience with collaboration among multiple areas
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Eager individual with the enthusiasm, creativity, and initiative
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Work successfully with students of diverse backgrounds
- Building strong relationships and collaborate effectively
- Ability to work well independently