Application call for Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Management at Zhejiang University. The deadline for application is 28th October 2021.
Established in 1927, The School of Management has the motto of cultivating the healthy power leading the future of China. The mission is to advance management theories and methods with insights from the Chinese context that contribute to social welfare and cultivate professionals and leaders with global perspective, innovative capability, entrepreneurial spirit and social responsibility.
The newly launched “New Hundred Talents Program” is aimed at attracting outstanding scholars both at home and abroad. To those recruited via this program, the university is to adopt an international academic standard and procedure — the tenure track system.
The university plans to recruit distinguished scholars from both China and abroad by the “Hundred Talents Program”. Ample funds are available for this program to ensure that scholars have a favorable academic environment and optimum working and living conditions so that they can be dedicated to academic research and the advancement of their fields.
Responsibilities at Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in Management
- The one who holds this position should engage in high-quality teaching and fulfill the teaching requirements of the relevant school or department.
- The one who holds this position should be engaged in high-level research, implement new developments in the academic discipline, make influential achievements in relevant fields, enhance his/her own international academic influence, and be an internationally active academic member.
- The one who holds this position should facilitate international academic communication and research cooperation, build an international reputation, and strive to become a leading personality in the academic discipline.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The applicant should hold a doctoral degree from a world-renowned university and should have reached the level of assistant or associate professor (or an equivalent title) at an internationally prominent university.
- The applicant should be a proactive learner, who is professional with teamwork skills. At the same time, he or she should have the ability to conduct research independently.
- The applicant should be a top-notch talent among his or her peers and have the potential to become a leader in the field.
- The applicant should work full-time at ZJU.
- ZJU will provide competitive compensation, including a housing allowance.
- ZJU will provide the position of ZJU100 Young Professor, qualified to supervise doctoral students.
- Those qualifying for the talent program may rent a faculty apartment during employment, and after receiving tenure, they have the opportunity to apply for the purchase of an apartment designated for those with “talent” status.
- After the application is approved, a research fund will be provided by ZJU, the particular amount of which is to determined according to discipline.
- ZJU will provide a one-time relocation fee and actively recommend and assist qualified faculty in applying for national, provincial and ministerial-level youth talent programs or projects.