Sr Human Resources Assistant position is available at University of Rochester.
The position serves as Sr. Human Resources Assistant in the Office of Total Rewards; Counsels University faculty, staff and retirees concerning University benefit programs, such as, Tuition Benefits, Life Insurance, the University Home Ownership Programs and Voluntary Benefits; Processes payments, claims and calculates taxation when necessary. Provide administrative support to the Manager-Life Insurance, Tuition, Voluntary Benefits. Supervised by Manager-Life Insurance, Tuition, Voluntary Benefits.
- Provides customer service to University faculty, staff and retirees in answering questions and addressing concerns related to Tuition Benefits, Life Insurance, the University Home Ownership Programs and Voluntary Benefits.
- Answers correspondence and other inquiries regarding these plans.
- Provides information based on knowledge of the plans. policies, procedures and regulations
- Calculates monthly the amount of Federal income tax, State income tax and FICA tax (as required by regulations) for individuals receiving a taxable tuition benefit under the Tuition Benefit Plans.
- Exercises independent judgment to determine and calculate additional pay period tax amount and the number of pay period deductions based on the individual’s salary, semester, future course load.
- Enters the taxable amount into HRMS to correctly reflect taxable income on W2 statements.
- Responsible for all communication with individuals regarding this process.
- Coordinates with University departments and benefit plan administrators as needed.
- Manages all components of the University Home Ownership Incentive Program
- Initiates notification to payroll of the tax amount and the paycheck to deduct the taxes.
- Maintains records of participants and monitors for discharge dates and continued eligibility for program.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Associates degree and 3 years’ experience in Human Resources or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, customer service skills, willingness to collaborate, and attention to detail required.
- Preferred experience with benefit programs.