Teaching jobs at University of District of Columbia
Position: Adjunct Professor of Management
The University of District of Columbia is public historically black university in Washington DC, United States. This only public university in the city of Washington is also the among the few land-grant universities in the nation. In addition to that, it is a member school of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. The full university system offers workforce and certificate programs in addition to Associate, Baccalaureate, Master’s, professional, and Doctoral degrees.
The School of Business and Public Administration at UDC invites applicants for the position of Adjunct Professor of Management. The new appointment will liable for the following duties
- Teach assigned courses as specified in the course schedule and contract. Courses include undergraduate and graduate courses in Business Management
- Evaluate and select text and instructional materials; prepare course materials and lessons plans.
- Provide students an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the institution, texts and readings, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria.
- Similarly, use the institution’s learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students.
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles. Also, provide interesting and engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Maintain a record of enrollment and attendance, assessments and grades; submit grades by deadlines established by the institution.
- Meet with Department Chair/Program Director as needed to discuss all aspects of the course including student progress and curriculum development (may be required to provide input into program development).
- Adhere to University policies and guidelines in all matters concerning academics and student and staff conduct.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned.
In order to be fit for the position, the candidate must have the following qualification
- Applicant should have an MBA or Ph.D. in Management.
- In addition to that, prior teaching experience or must demonstrate evidence of teaching potential and/or corporate/industry training.