Application call for United Nations Programme Management Officer at New York. The application deadline is 15th October 2021.
This position is in the Policy Analysis and Monitoring Branch of the Office of the Special Adviser on Africa. The incumbent reports to the Chief of the Policy Analysis and Monitoring Branch through the Programme Management Officer (P4). The Office of the Special Adviser on Africa is responsible for providing integrated advice, promoting coherence, monitoring the implementation of commitments, and coordinating global advocacy in support of Africa’s development.
Within delegated authority, the Programme Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in the planning, budgeting, development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects regarding the implementation of Agenda 2030 and the 2063 Agenda in Africa; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions, including through the day-to-day management of appropriate ICT platforms; conducts consistent quality control aspects of proposed activities and projects of the Office;
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Assists in policy development, with a particular focus on evidence-based policy making, and including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies of internal and external factors and risks that can impact the implementation of the programme/project.
- Undertakes survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Undertakes outreach activities and supports the preparation of resource mobilization activities.
- Conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participates in or lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Supports decision-making processes through the performance of the abovementioned duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as required.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!