University jobs in Saudi Arabia
Position: Associate Professor of Mathematics at Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University
Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University is a private university in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. The university is seeking highly qualified mathematician to teach mathematics under the Department of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
In particular, the position holder will do the following functions
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, as well as, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and excellent student experience.
- Integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- Furthermore, promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- Contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- Similarly, play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- Assist in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate and also provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Similarly, provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
Required qualifications and experience
- A Ph.D. candidate from Western Universities with at least 30-semester hours beyond master and bachelor’s degree is required. Candidate must have the ability to demonstrate and instruct in English. Candidate must have the ability to teach at the university level.
- In addition to teaching, selected faculty will be involved in academic advising, curriculum development, preparing course syllabi, planning in-class team activities, constructing student assessments, preparing examinations, keeping grade records, holding regular office hours and other standards, non-teaching duties such as institutional and professional services. Candidates must provide a procedural letter of promotion to the rank of associate and a full professor.