IT Jobs at North Carolina State University, United States of America
Position: UX/UI Designer
About North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University (also referred to as NCSU, NC State, or just State) is a public research university in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is part of the University of North Carolina system and is a land, sea, and space-grant institution. The university forms one of the corners of the Research Triangle together with Duke University in Durham and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The university offers the course in engineering, statistics, agriculture, life sciences, textiles, and design and offers bachelor’s degrees in 106 fields of study. In addition to that, the graduate school offers 104 masters degree and 61 doctoral degrees.
Roles and responsibilities
- Conduct user research to understand user needs & requirements, and to validate design decisions.
- Work with stakeholders to help refine user requirements, create wireframes, and also, inform the visual design of web and mobile applications.
- Create user interface implementation specs for the team (UI Specifications).
- Partner with engineers during development sprints to iterate on a design.
- Meet complex design challenges with interface solutions with other team members.
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure that products are being implemented to spec, and to find ways to push the limits of existing technologies.
- Previous design experience in UI solutions for mobile and/or web products as well as in interaction and visual design
- Experience with storyboarding, user persona development, designing user/process flow diagrams, sketches, wireframes, click-through demos, or prototypes, or a combination thereof
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. or some combination
- Basic understanding through high school mathematics of school content
- Intermediate understanding of HTML/CSS, with direct experience optimizing design concepts around these technologies
- Understanding of user research activities, such as interviews and usability testing, and their role in informing design decisions
- Previous visual and graphic design experience with an emphasis on user experience (youth and adult learners) and interactive