Vacancy at Eastern Michigan University
Position: Assistant Professor of Intercultural & Interracial Communication at the School of Communication, Media, and Theater Arts at Eastern Michigan University
The Assistant Professor will do the following duties
- Teach contractual load of undergraduate and graduate courses as assigned by the department or school.
- Assign and submit grades in accordance with established University schedules.
- Keep posted office hours during the week which are scheduled at times most beneficial to students.
- Provide academic advising to students, if applicable.
- Serve on search committees for hiring new faculty members, departmental committees and other service committees across the university.
- Participate in activities such as student registration, orientation, convocations and commencements.
- Attend and participate in scheduled departmental meetings and functions.
- Provide other support services to the department, college and/or university, if applicable.
- Engage in pursuits that enable them to remain current in their respective disciplines.
- Engage in pursuits that help to further organize and contribute to the growth of the body of knowledge in their respective disciplines, and/or to explore interdisciplinary implications.
- Furthermore, perform related Departmental duties as required.
The candidate must have the following qualifications to qualify for the vacancy of Assistant Professor at Eastern Michigan University
- Ph.D. in communication with a concentration in intercultural/interracial communication and two years of teaching experience.
- ABDs will be considered but candidates are required to complete their doctoral degree by the time of hire.
- The previous experience in a similar role would be an asset.
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a public research university in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Currently, EMU comprises seven colleges and schools: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Health and Human Services, College of Technology, an Honors College, and a Graduate School. Overall, the university academic and athletic campus spread across 800 acres (3.2 km2), with over 120 buildings. EMU has a total enrollment of more than 23,000 students.